Thursday, June 4, 2009




Well, the last two days have been just Itty Bitty and Daddy home alone. Mommy had to go in to the office. The first week of each month is the busy time for her so she needed to catch up a little. Needless to say, she was a bit nervous about how New Daddy would handle Itty all on his own.

Three words - Piece of cake!

She's pretty solid on her three hour schedule, so, all I had to do was keep the one end fed and the other end dry and she was happy. I put her swing in my office facing my fish tank so she could watch the fishies. I doubt she can actually make them out, but I'm sure she can see the colors moving back and forth in the tank.

Jenn and I have settled in to a decent routine for dealing with the night time feedings. She put Jeannette to bed at 9pm, changes her, puts her in her pajamas and feeds her. She also handles the 3am feeding. I get up at midnight and 6am and take care of the munchkin then. At 6am, I bring the baby monitor downstairs with me, and get ready to go to work, either at home or to the office. This way, all of us are getting a decent night's sleep.

It's the cutest thing when I feed Jeannette. I'm right handed so I place her on my lap with her head to my left so I can hold the bottle in my right hand. She takes my pinky in one little chubby fist and my middle finger in the other chubby little fist and holds on tight until she's done eating. Only then, will she spit the bottle out and release my fingers. It's very cute. And, this whole time she's lookiing up into my face with tose big blue eyes saying "who the heck are you?" :)

No comments:

Post a Comment