Monday, June 1, 2009


This was our first weekend home with Jeannette. A great time for both Mommy and Daddy to not only bond with her, but, to learn her routine and how she communicates with us. She's really been a very easy baby. She fusses when she's hungry and when she needs a diaper change. That's about it. the rest of the time, she's fairly content to just amuse her self looking at this brand new world she's just arrived in.

Friday night, I took the 3am feeding. Jeannette is on a three hour schedule and generally wakes up just before my alarm would have gone off. Anyway, Jenn had done her mindight feeding so it was only fair that I take my turn. I walk into Jeannette's room and see this.

Mommy had gone and made herself a little nest of pillows so she'd have a comfy place to feed her baby. It was very cute but I realised that yes, we needed a spot to feed Jeannette that was close to her crib. So we went to Baby's R Us on Saturday and bought a glider. As cute as the "nest" was, it wasn't very practical.

Jeannette has also started spending more time awake during the day than she was at first. She likes her swing and her bouncer but is content to be in her bassinet as well. I was on the computer Saturday morning, so, after changing and feeding her at 6am, I put her in her bouncer and took her into my office with me. She just sat there quite happy to watch Daddy.

We went with the aquarium theme for her bouncer and swing and stuff because of my interest in my salt water fish. I've got a big 90 gallon salt water tank in my office. She's not really old enough yet to enjoy but, I'm sure she will. She really enjoys the Fisher Price "aquarium" in her crib. I turn that on after her night time feedings and watching it soothes her to sleep.

It's been so great the amount of positive support we've been getting from all of our family and friends and coworkers. Everybody seems to happy and excited for us it's very gratifying. I think one of my biggest "fears" when we first dicussed the idea of adoption was how the child would eb received by our families. Well, that fear is definitely put to rest. Everybody seems to lover her! Because we've been asked, Jenn set up a Baby registry at both Baby's R Us and Target. She's got lots of stuffed animals, but, clothes are always good, plus any of the normal baby things too.

She looks so cute in her little outfits. She's got some really cute "dresses." This coming weekend is the next neighborhood block party. Every few months, our neghborhood gets together and BBQ's and just basically hangs out. This will be the first one since Jeannette has come into our lives and we're eager to show her off.

No comments:

Post a Comment